Sunday, May 13, 2012

Finish line?

Well, there is roughly 12 hours until we have to be at the hospital, and I can't really describe how I am feeling. Excited (yes), nervous (check), unsure (probably), scared (definitely). This has been an extremely long journey with all sorts of ups and downs and to think that by this time tomorrow I could be holding our daughter is surreal.


And her birth is just the beginning. Next is the 48 hr waiting period that the birth mom has to wait before she can relinquish her rights. Then we have to wait for the states of Texas and Mississippi to approve our interstate travel, then there are monthly checks by our case worker, and the adoption finalization in 6 months before the judge. But wait, then there is potty training (by the way, how do you change a girl's diaper?), and adolescence, and tween, and teenager, and dating (oh, my), then college.....I am glad my God is in control because I couldn't handle it any other way.


I want to thank everyone who has prayed with and for us over the last couple of years. You have all been supportive and loving, even if it was just to listen to us as we worked though our thoughts. You each have a special line in the story of our adoption. I am already blown away at how the adoption ministry at Colonial Hills seems to be spreading throughout the church and how even the young children are embracing Christ's vision for the fatherless. If you live in the Memphis/North Mississippi area and want to get involved, check out their blog or Facebook page.


Joel

0 comments:

Post a Comment